[Tutorials for Dummies - 27/03/2008] – How to change your LAN IP address?
Posted by Miyuki on March 27, 2008
Ok, this tutorial will covers on “How to change your LAN IP address”, for dummies.
Ok, lets begin~! Click on the page numbers to follow the tutorials ;)
- Click on Start->All Programs->Accessories->Communications->Network Connections to bring up the Network Connections window.
- Click once on Local Area Connection icon
- Then, RIGHT-CLICK on the icon, and select Properties on the drop down menu.
- Then, you will see this window, so whats next?
- Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
- Then, click on Properties button
- Make sure you’ve selected “Obtain an IP address automatically” for both section if your modem have DHCP server enabled.
- If can’t, follow the steps below [only for non-DHCP, or manual IP configurations]
- Click on “Use the following IP address”
- Enter your desired IP [check with your network IP]
- After you’re done, click on “OK” button.
- And OK again.
- How to know once you’ve changed IP?
- Double click on Local Area Connection.
- Click on Support, to check.